Sexual Harrassment Policy
Zero Tolerance Campaign
Emmanuel College MCR operates a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual harasssment. This policy states:
- That sexual harassment should not be tolerated, and those who commit acts of sexual harassment should be stopped and disciplined for their actions.
- That although sexual harassment predominantly affects women students, the policy should and must be applicable to all students, regardless of gender, sexuality, or any other characteristic.
- That no student at this institution should be forced to just 'put up' with sexual harassment, and that action must be taken to ensure all students are able to enjoy their time at university without experiencing sexual harassment.
The following types of behaviour are defined as sexual harrasment under the zero-tolerance policy:
- Unwanted sexual comments (including comments about your body or private life).
- Unwelcome sexual invitations, innuendoes, and offensive gestures.
- Wolf whistling, catcalling or offensive sexual noises.
- Groping, pinching or smacking of your body, such as your bottom or breasts.
- Having your skirt or top lifted without agreeing.
- Someone exposing their sexual organs to you without consent.
For more information about this zero-tolerance policy, see this document.